What to Bring?
Most dogs become anxious once their humans are no longer present when boarded at first. Here are some tips on what we provide and what to bring to help set them up for success during their stay!
1. DOG FOOD (REQUIRED) AND TREATS. Please bring your dog's food as switching to a new diet can cause upset stomach and digestive issues. You must bring enough for the entire duration of their stay. Extra always helps to prepare for unforeseen events. We provide standard Milkbone brand dog treats only if it has been ok'd by the owner. If your pup is a poor eater we offer canned Pedigree brand or various grain free wet foods we can mix in with dry to help motivate your pup to eat. You are more than welcome to provide your own wet food and treats. It is the owner's responsibility to let us know of any allergies or dietary restrictions. If your dog's food supply runs out, with your consent we will supply our spare brand on hand. If convenient, we will purchase a new bag of their same diet which will be invoiced to you.
2. BEDDING AND BLANKETS. While we do provide blankets and bedding here most dogs will recognize the scent of their own bedding and will feel more comfortable if it is placed in a crate or accessible to them.
3. HARNESS/LEASH AND COLLAR. (REQUIRED) A collar must be worn at ALL times while a dog is in the care of Pupquatics. If you do not have one you must purchase a breakaway (plastic buckle) collar with dog tags showing up-to-date information. A harness and leash is required for dog walking services.
4. FOOD AND WATER BOWLS. Provided! Please avoid bringing ceramics as we have hard floors and are susceptible to breaking.
5. CRATES. We have limited number of small, medium, large, and XL crates. Please ask if one will be available during your pup's stay.
6. TOYS/CHEWS. Toys and chews will be kept in your pup's specific crate. They do not become community toys unless they invite other pups to play. It is the owner's responsibility to inform us if the pup shows signs of resource guarding. If you have a Kong toy, we will gladly fill it with peanut butter.
7. VACCINATION RECORDS. (REQUIRED) We care about our pups and want to ensure a healthy, clean, and safe environment for all. Before you drop off your pet please e-mail your pup's vaccination records or simply bring in a copy at drop-off. We are looking to see if your pet has received: Bordetella, DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus), and Rabies.
8. FLEA AND TICK PREVENTION. (REQUIRED) Owner's are responsible for providing current flea and tick prevention for their pups. We have a large yard with grass and prevention is the easiest form of protection. In addition, we treat our yard and home with natural flea and tick spray. However, it does not guarantee that fleas/tick will not happen; it will be less likely.
9. ANYTHING THAT PROVIDES COMFORT TO YOUR PUP!